Settling into a new country or region can be exciting and challenging. These links will help make it a bit easier and less overwhelming. Our parish takes great pleasure in welcoming the newcomers to Canada & to our Church!
Apply for a Social Insurance Number (S.I.N.) Card
Canadian Educational Services (CES)
Canadian Educational Services (CES) is a provider of FREE services, providing education opportunities to new immigrants and to established Canadians. CES helps all potential students to find the best and most appropriate education provider to meet their unique needs.
Apply for an Ontario Health Care Insurance (OHIP) Card
1. Go in person to your nearest Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care office.
2. Complete a Registration for Ontario Health Coverage (form 0265-82)
Applying for Private Health Insurance Coverage (Optional)
1. Some Community Health Centres offer health services to people who do not yet have their health card (OHIP)
2. The Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association(CLHIA)
3. The Canadian Life and Health Insurance Ombud Service (CLHIO) Consumer Assistance Centre
4. Click here for a list of companies that provide individual health insurance for newcomers/visitors to Canada
Apply for an Ontario Driver's Licence
Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB)
Working in Canada Report