St. Mary's Malankara Catholic Mission, Toronto


Newcomers information 

Settling into a new country or region can be exciting and challenging. These links will help make it a bit easier and less overwhelming. Our parish takes great pleasure in welcoming the newcomers to Canada & to our Church! - Welcome To Ontario

Apply for a Social Insurance Number (S.I.N.) Card

Canadian Educational Services (CES)
Canadian Educational Services (CES)
 is a provider of FREE services, providing education opportunities to new immigrants and to established Canadians. CES helps all potential students to find the best and most appropriate education provider to meet their unique needs.

Apply for an Ontario Health Care Insurance (OHIP) Card

1. Go in person to your nearest Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care office.

2. Complete a Registration for Ontario Health Coverage (form 0265-82)

3. Provide the necessary original documents

Applying for Private Health Insurance Coverage (Optional) 

1. Some Community Health Centres offer health services to people who do not yet have their health card (OHIP)

2. The 
Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association(CLHIA)                                                                          

3. The 
Canadian Life and Health Insurance Ombud Service (CLHIO) Consumer Assistance Centre

4. Click 
here for a list of companies that provide individual health insurance for newcomers/visitors to Canada                                                                             

Apply for an Ontario Driver's Licence 

Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB)

Working in Canada Report